Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grandma Rose's family.....

Updated: I added pictures of Uncle John's family.

 
This is a picture of my great grandmother Rose Hall Brackens' sister Liza and her family.

                                            This is Liza and her nephew John's son Hubert.
                                Two of Liza's daughters we think Martha and Mannie/Mammie.
                            Liza's daughter Virginia who looks very much like my Aunt Carrie.
               My great grandmother Rose with her  brother John Hall and sister Liza.
            This is an awesome find. MY great, great, great grandmother Senter holding my Aunt Brenda and mystery girl. This is Lula's mother and is Cherokee Indian.
       This is either granny Senter or Lula possibly with Rose but I need to verify this. (After talking to Elaine we believe this is Granny Senter with Grandma Rose she will work on confirming this.)
           This is the same woman from above but I need to verify who she is and unknown child.
                                     This Lula and her last husband Joe Terrell. "Mr Joe"
                                                  Most likely a younger Grandma Senter.
  This is my grandfather Woodrow Wilson Brackens with his grandmother Granny Senter. We do not know her first name.......
                              My grandparents Woodrow Brackens and Martha Grose Brackens.
                         I love this photo! I had never seen it before.  My Papa Woodrow and my Aunt Brenda,                 Grandma Rose, my Mama Martha.

Donald,Josie,Marvin, I think dark hair is Donald and light hair is Marvin.

                            Betty,Eva,Josie,Geraldine,May,Boys Donald,Marvin,
                      Henry & Josie Cecil on there Wedding Day. Josie is a sister to my Great Grandma Rose and Liza.


                                      Grandma Rose's brother John Hall.
                                           in order of birth oldest to youngest Beulah,Guy,Shirl,Ray,& Hubert.
                              John and Catherine Hall.




All of these pictures are from my second cousin once removed Elaine Oliver. She has been digging in a part of my family I have found exceptionally hard to find further info. Some of these pictures I have seen through the years and many are brand new. I didn't until recent years know about Rose's siblings.  Elaine has been able to locate family from each of Rose's siblings and has gathered lots of information.


This is my Dad's paternal grandmother's family. His grandmother Rose Hall was the daughter of Lula Senter Hall and John Hall. Her siblings were John Hall (questioning whether he was John's son as Lula and John are listed in the 1900 census in the Etter household with the last name Hampton as a servant.)  Josie Hall Cecil, Eliza Jane Hall Roten. 


Lula was married briefly to a Cecil Brackens and then lastly to Joe Terrell.


The scoop on this side of the family is that Lula's mother was Cherokee. We are diligently searching records to try and name Lula's mother. Everyone knew her as "Granny" Senter. First name please :) and Thank you. 


This is just the beginning I have collected many stories and photos from both sides of my family. So stay Tuned as record my adventures digging in the family tree.......


PS I will be asking family members to check in an verify these photos...... 

3 comments:

  1. Lula's maiden name is Hampton. Her mother's name is Mary Franklin. Her father's name is John Hampton Terrell. This information was stated on Lula's death certificate and was signed by her daughter Rose Brackens. Her death certificate also shows her husband as Joe Terrell. However, there was a Lula Senter born the same year as Lula Hampton from NC that married a Collins. I think that whoever has done the research and ended up with Senter as her last name was confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lula's maiden name is Hampton. Her mother's name is Mary Franklin. Her father's name is John Hampton Terrell. This information was stated on Lula's death certificate and was signed by her daughter Rose Brackens. Her death certificate also shows her husband as Joe Terrell. However, there was a Lula Senter born the same year as Lula Hampton from NC that married a Collins. I think that whoever has done the research and ended up with Senter as her last name was confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't updated this in quite some time. Lula's dad was not a Terrell he was a Hampton. Terrell was the last name from I believe her third husband Joe Terrell. Senter was either her last married name or possible next to last I will have to look up the information to be sure she is buried next to Rev. TA Centers in North Carolina. Please email me at senadastarr@yahoo.com and I can send you the information we have found. Thanks, Lori

      Delete